Twitch.TV HD/HQ Quality FAQ [updated: 01/10/2014]

Discussion in 'Video and Streaming' started by Bwana, Nov 23, 2009.

• Forum Administrator
    • Premium Supporter

Bwana WAT!

Twitch.TV HD Streaming FAQ: Updated 01/10/2014

Here is a list of frequently asked questions related to my streaming setup on Twitch. I'll try to update this frequently. Please refer individuals to this thread if the question is posed about my setup.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Your PC is BEAST! What are your specs?!?

Streaming PC
    Manufacturer: Self built
    CPU:
    Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core
    Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce GT220
    Video Capture: AVerMedia C985 Live Gamer HD Capture Card

Gaming PC
    Manufacturer: Self built
    CPU: I
    ntel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (OC'd to 4.2Ghz)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Superclocked 3GB
    Keyboard: Das Keyboard Professional
    Mice: Logitech G5 / Razer Naga Epic

Q: What is your streaming setup?? ITS SO SMOOTH. Kappa

I'm using a Dual PC streaming Setup to stream to Twitch:

[Gaming PC] --> [Streaming PC] --> [Twitch]

I use an AVerMedia C985 Live Gamer HD Capture Card to capture HD inputs from my streaming PC and game consoles. I also use a Behringer Xenyx Q802 mixer to feed the audio from my Marshall MXL V67 Condenser Mic and my gaming pc to the streaming PC.

Q: How do you stream your PC games? Why is it so smooth meng?!?

As of 01/10/2014, I am utilizing OBS to stream my PC games. Here are my settings:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm streaming at 1280x720 at 60fps

Q: What's your Internet connection speed?

I'm paying a pretty penny for it, but I think it's worth it.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    FishTWiT likes this.
  1. Caliturk Recruit

What kind of motherboard do you have? I was looking into the Blackmagic Intensity Pro, but I read somewhere that they dont do good with the ASUS p6t deluxe mother boards! If thats true..then that sucks. :mad: What would be a good recomendation for an alternative cap card?
  2. Caliturk Recruit

Oh here is what i saw:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Quoted from the Blackmagic Design support site:

"The Asus P6T series of motherboards are currently incompatible with all x1 lane PCI Express products from Blackmagic Design. This includes the Intensity series cards as well as DeckLink SDI and DeckLink Studio. This incompatibility is being actively investigated but a possible resolution to the problem is currently unknown. "

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    • Minecraft Op
    • TwitchTV Channel Op

Bigmacbook Hey Griefers! Its Ban Hammer time!

Bwana, What was your old setup?
    • Minecraft Op
    • TwitchTV Channel Op
    • BETAGamers Member
    • Premium Supporter

Tiddl3ywinks The Cactus Master!!!

Im looking into getting a bmi pro.. i can get one for around 140 what im wondering is whats the output on the card to the tv image wise... i think the site said 1080i is the max it outputs to the tv/monitor or whatever you may be using. Any input bwana on what your outputting for when you stream your ps3/360/wii adventures?
    • Forum Administrator
    • Premium Supporter

Bwana WAT!

1080i as far as I know. I don't go beyond that.
    • Minecraft Op
    • TwitchTV Channel Op
    • BETAGamers Member
    • Premium Supporter

Tiddl3ywinks The Cactus Master!!!

ok cool .. one more thing i was wondering about do i still need to cap the desktop of my pc to stream it or does the software it comes with have a stream option?
    • Forum Administrator
    • Premium Supporter

Bwana WAT!

There's an optional download called Desktop Presenter (DP). It can cap your desktop just fine. It's cool in that you can stream other computer desktops on your network as well. That's how I can stream my Mac desktop from my PC. Desktop Presenter works on Windows and Mac OS X. If you don't want to use DP, you can always utilize vhscrcap or something similiar through wirecast.
    • BETAGamers Member
    • Premium Supporter

TeKniffen Minecraft Engineer

very interesting
    • BETAGamers Member
    • Premium Supporter

What was that other screen capruturing program you are using now a days bwana?
  3. SCFH DSF?

Yes! I spelled it correctly for once.
  4. Revxx Padowan Learner

I think that was the one that Bwana forgot XD
  5. Revxx Padowan Learner

;D
    • Premium Supporter

matt724 Matt Wise

So much speed... ???

Xinchro TF2 scout nerf: Worst.update.ever!

Man, this is awesome, thanks Mr.M.
    Once I'm finished with the PC I'm planning on building, I think I'll be able to stream at minimumly 720p. With a few tweaks to your setup I should be just fine! The bandwidth may be the killer though, we'll see...

Anyway... I'ma just go ahead and 'borrow' your settings for an indefinite period of time nao. :awesomeface:
  6. digitalbarrito I R CREEPER HEAR MEH SSsSSsssSSSSS....and go BOOM

Is there any way to capture your mic and application sound for free? Cause that's the one thing I can't figure out nor find
    • BETAGamers Member
    • Premium Supporter

one thing is to find a soundcard that supports "what you hear" or "stereo mix" this puts out everything you hear from your speakers.
    it's not really easy to manage and i have not found any mixer software that makes it easyer.

Bwana is using a mixer, this is not cheap tho you might get lucky if you go on ebay.

Anybody got more knowlage about this? i would like to know more myself
    • Forum Administrator
    • Premium Supporter

Bwana WAT!

If you don't get a mixer (which are $50 to $75 - Behringer 8 ports are nice http://amzn.to/dzJjri), invest in Virtual Audio Cables http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm ($30)

You'll be happy you did. Most of the free solutions, including stereo mix are limiting and can be frustrating if you want granular control over your voice, your games and other sources.
  7. Ktdata The Rock Master

Bwana uses a digital mixer setup for his set up right now. I'm old school and like knobs and sliders so I use a live analog mixer. Here's a guide some asian kid put together that should cover most aspects of what mixers have in them.

[​IMG]
    Clipped from: community.justin.tv (share this clip)

Note that there aren't any recommendations for a specific mixer in there because it is highly variable depending on what you actually want to do with your stuff. I just try to provide some knowledge so you can make the decision to what kind of mixer you want to get. I know some people use a cheap $30 radio shack RCA mixer to some people who use 16-channel mixers to even one guy who uses a full mixing console for his audio needs.

This also only applies to hardware mixers, VAC that Bwana suggested is probably the best solution for Windows. For macs there are a few options you can use but I don't remember the names off the top of my head.

If you got any more questions you know I'm somewhere here (probably with my rocks).
  8. Erick Newbie

EDIT:Never mind I figured it out.
Facebook: